Sunday, April 22, 2012

My First Art Show

Saturday the weather held up and we had a wonderful day for the Mt. Brook Art Association's Spring Art Show.  This is the first time that I have participated in a local show, and I had a terrific experience. Lots of family and friends came by to say hi, and there was a great turn out even with the iffy weather.  It was unseasonably cool and breezy, but turned out to be a beautiful day, which was an answer to prayer.
Here's my booth.  Most of my paintings are on the small side, so the folding panels we found at Lowe's worked out great.   The EZ-Up tent was actually pretty easy to put up with two people (thanks, David).

The show is held on the athletic fields of an elementary school in a great little village with lots of people with their kids on bikes, babies in strollers and dogs on leashes.

My son Will and daughter Anna came to support me.  It worked, because I sold 19 paintings!!!!!

I was surprised and thrilled to receive one of six "Award of Distinction" ribbons given to artists for their body of work. The judge was very complimentary and encouraging especially about my still life.  Needless to say, I am now even more motivated to pursue my daily painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment